The Kenbury Bed and Breakfast
The Kenbury is a Victorian house set in a peaceful location on the corner of two roads within 5 minutes walk of Shanklin town centre and the train station. The beach is 10 minutes walk away and the Old Village is 15 minutes walk away.
We have 10 rooms offering double, twin and a family room.
We aim to provide the highest standards of service to our guests and we look forward to welcoming you to The Kenbury and making your stay an enjoyable one.
Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We have rooms at different levels and there are steps into the main entrance and to all bedrooms.
· Shanklin town centre is a 5 minute walk away
· Shanklin train station is 3 minutes walk and offers train services to and from Ryde Pier which links to the passenger ferry from Portsmouth harbour train station
· There is a local taxi service that has accessible taxis. If required, we can make a booking for you
· We regret that we do not accommodate pets as many guests are allergic to pet hair.
· Menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilites to prepare documents in braille.
· Our website www.kenburyisleofwight.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
· You can contact us by telephone or e-mail. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
· Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure that everything is prepared for you.
· To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 2.00pm. Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement.
· Parking is on a level gravelled drive to the left of the property. There is a stepping stone path set into the lawn which leads to the front door.
· We offer assistance with luggage.
· There are three steps of 12 cm with no hand rail up to the front door and a further step of 15cm as you go through the front door itself
· The front door is 94 cm wide.
· The front door is always locked but we do have 2 doorbells at different heights to gain access
Public Areas – General (Internal)
•There is a short pile carpet throughout the public areas.
•The hallway leads into a guest snug plus the breakfast room
•There is an internal door measuring 79 cm wide, which leads to the back of the hotel where three bedrooms are located up a short flight of stairs.
•A wireless network for Internet access is installed at the property, and is available in all public areas, and bedrooms.
Lounge and Breakfast Room
•Guests are welcome to use the snug at any time.
•A selection of local information, magazines, books and board games is available in the snuge.
•Breakfast is served in the breakfast room on the ground floor between 8.15 and 9.30.
•There is a buffet table from which guests help themselves. There is waitress service for hot food and drinks.
•There are 3 rooms at the back of the hotel which are accessed via 5 steps, with a hand rail, from the ground floor level. One of these is a family suite, consisting of 2 adjoining rooms with an en suite bathroom. The other 2 rooms in this area are doubles and have en suite shower rooms.
•There are a further 7 rooms up the main staircase of the property. This staircase consists of 19 stairs, with hand rails. The first 4 rooms are reached at the top of these stairs. The remaining 3 rooms are reached via a further 3 stairs, with hand rail. Of these 7 rooms there are: 2 double rooms with en suite shower rooms; 5 double rooms with en suite bathrooms, with showers over the bath;
•Tea and coffee facilities and bottled water are provided.
•Shower gel, shampoo and large fluffy towels are provided.
•We also provide a small fridge, hair dryer, digital TV with Freeview access, and a clock radio.
•Our beds are normally made with synthetic duvets. All pillows are synthetic.
•There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets in each room.
•There is an additional seat provided in each of the rooms. Further seating can be provided on request.
•There is an information folder in each bedroom. These gives details about emergency evacuation, Internet access, breakfast times etc.
•We have a lawned garden with flower beds at the front of the hotel which guests are welcome to use
•The fire system consists of smoke detectors in every room, visual alarms which flash in the event of a fire, in addition to the fire bells which ring.
•There are 6 fire extinguishers on the property: 2 up the main stairs, 1 by the front door, 2 in the area at the back of the hotel, and 1 in the kitchen.
•The building can be evacuated via the front door, via the back door onto a private patio, or via the kitchen. We are a no smoking building (smoking is allowed in the garden where ash trays are provided).
•We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
•Address: Clarence Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight, PO37 7BH
•Telephone number: is 01983 862085. When we are away from home this number is diverted to our mobile phone.
•E-mail address: email@example.com
•We are open from April to October.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.