We are really looking forward to welcoming guests back to The Kenbury in early July.
You will see some changes at The Kenbury aimed at providing a safe environment for both our guests and us. These changes are based on Government guidance and are designed to allow you an enjoyable holiday with us on the Isle of Wight.
We thought it important to let you know what some of these changes are and that there may be further changes based on changing Government guidance or lessons learnt once we reopen.
- We have installed hand sanitiser units in public areas.
- We will be wearing masks and gloves where it is appropriate to do so.
- All high traffic contact areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Unfortunately, the guest lounge/bar will not be in use. This area may be used for additional breakfast space later. If a guest wants a drink from the bar, this is possible, and details of the process are on the new in room information document.
- Our outdoor seating area will remain although cushions will not be available, the furniture will be disinfected regularly.
- The PC and printer in the Information Hub are not available for use.
- Our reception table has been cleared of all unnecessary items including the guest book, please feel free to leave online reviews.
- All room keys will be disinfected between guests.
- We have removed the normal information booklet from the room and included a shorter version, we can provide a digital copy of the original guest information booklet by email.
- Between guest stays we will be implementing additional cleaning procedures, above and beyond our normal ones, that include disinfecting all hard services, steam cleaning all soft furnishings, sanitising all common touch points.
- We will still service rooms daily providing you have left your room for a long enough period to allow us to do this. However, it will not be the usual service. We will not touch any of your personal possessions, bedding, or towels. We will empty bins, replenish hospitality trays where necessary and clean your en-suite. Please inform us if you do not want us to come into your room.
- You will see some changes to the dining room to allow for social distancing. We will monitor the space daily and may use the lounge/bar for additional seating space if necessary. We will have three sittings each morning and guests will be allocated a specific table for their sitting. The times of each breakfast are 8:00am, 8:45am and 9:30am. This change allows us to minimise people in the breakfast room, maintain social distancing but still provide as normal a breakfast experience as possible,
- We will not be providing the normal single buffet table at breakfast, we will provide a “mini” buffet table for each seating area, the way certain items are served may change and some items may not be available.
- In addition to this, for those who do not wish to join us for breakfast. you will be able to pre-order a “breakfast in a bag” to collect in the morning after breakfast service has finished.
- Finally, if you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not travel. We have made some changes to our terms and conditions to allow you to move your stay and visit us at some point in the future.
COVID-19 Holiday Amendments
We have amended our usual terms and conditions to help you if you need to amend your booking at The Kenbury for any reason linked to COVID-19. You can now amend your stay with us and use the same deposit for a holiday up until the end of our season in 2021. If you cannot commit to new date, we are happy to leave your deposit “on hold” until such time that you can confirm a new date and re-book or provide a refund.